Sundar Pichai
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy
Mountain View, CA 94043
January 16, 2020
Dear CEO of Google - Mr. Pichai,
Thank you for taking the time to read this letter! I appreciate your vision and Google’s efforts in empowering the youth in STEM along with bringing new technologies and products into the world such as, Google A.I and Google Pixel 3. This unparalleled phone has a remarkable feature like Google Assistant answering incoming calls. I personally enjoy these innovative features in the phones, though, with the usage of phones increasing everyday, phones are continuing to harm our bodies through the harmful radiation waves emitted. The electromagnetic waves from cell phones have many adverse effects, from increasing the risk of brain cancer to causing DNA damage.
Cell phone radiation is perilous as it damages human DNA gradually with the usage of phones. With exposure of the human body to the radiation, the cells are slowly destroyed leading to huge health problems. Moreover, according to an article from Nature.com, “There is no doubt that mobile phone radiation causes DNA damage under certain conditions.” It’s quite evident that the electromagnetic waves generated by cell phones destroy the human body. This is a concern that must be addressed in the period of a technological revolution.
I understand Google Pixel 3 XL and Google Pixel 3 follow the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) regulations. However, I wanted to bring to your attention that both these phones continue to be within the top 15 phones with the highest radiation levels. The FCC’s rules state that the phones can not surpass the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) level of 1.6 watts per kilogram on any cellular phone. The Google Pixel 3 XL and Google Pixel 3 have an SAR level of 1.39 and 1.33 watts per kilogram (W/kg), respectively. On the other hand, phones like the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ have a SAR level of 0.21 W/kg. While all three phones have made a mark on the market, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ has the lowest radiation level among them and is the least harmful to the body. I acknowledge the fact that Google’s phones follow the regulations, although, I strongly request that these phones should be made at lower SAR levels. I believe this technology is feasible for Google. For the better future of humanity, please reduce the radiation levels on the phones that Google manufactures. Thank you for understanding this growing problem and I hope you address this pressing issue!
Regards,
Saumik Das
8th Grader - Brambleton Middle School
No comments:
Post a Comment